Sunday 1 April 2012

M-3 Predator Pistol Build EVA MASS EFFECT

So after getting Mass Effect 3 I really wanted to make something form the universe into a prop.
I have worked with EVA foam before but I have only made some basic armour.
After seeing this on the 405th
 http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35894-EVA-Foam-M-3-Predator-Pistol-(Mass-Effect-2)/page2 

Thought I would try my hand at it. Now it is the prototype. I have only done about 6hours work on it so far.

I used these pictures as reference. I printed and cut out the template above.

After cutting out the main body 3 times with a Hot Knife I got this
The Blue EVA foam is Just a little bit thinner. It means I don't have to sand as much.
It is also cheaper about half price. 

This is the main body hot glued together. Very rough it is just a test piece. I would like to eventually make and bondo a foam one and possibly mold it in the future.


This is after I have done some Dremel work added the side pieces with hot glue. Also using a Hot knife other tips burning details into the foam.

 More SOON!


No comments:

Post a Comment